Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Unbalanced score card at full time!!!

Now that the program is over and the dust has settled, it’s time that we took a real hard look at our score card. But sadly, we still don’t have enough information to predict who will finally walk away from here with the PGPX-II gold medal. And even if we knew, I couldn’t tell you because of our air tight grade non-disclosure policy. No kidding…, this is serious stuff….

But at the same time it would be unfair to wind up such an involved program like this without publishing any results of some sort. That is where our own PXCL league has come to my rescue, and I think I will do very well for posterity by publishing our score card there. Personally also it makes me feel mighty proud to publish this score card which talks volumes about the kind of all-round effort that I have put into this program, day-in, night-out.

After some fiercely fought round of battles, spread out over our last academic week here, the results are finally out and it gives me special pleasure to announce… drum rolls please… that IEPE Flashers under the able captaincy of Ganesh have ran away with the honors. The following is a brief round up of the PXCL unbalanced score card:

Best fielder: Ganesh
Best bowler: Nitin (7 wickets)
Best Batsman: Venky (59 runs)

Player of the tournament: Biju (49 runs, 5 wickets)

Runners up: CE Gods (Captain: Neeraj K, Manager: Shewtabh)
Champions: IEPE Flashers (Captain: Ganesh, Manager: Pramod)


Here is a collector’s edition photograph of all the team jerseys lined up for the final presentation ceremony.


Special thanks to Vinay and Venky for organizing such an amazing event at short notice and three cheers to all the energetic participants and the enthusiastic spectators. It was a fitting finale for a grand year that was PGPX-II, full of fun, frolic and entertainment, not to mention the camaraderie.

Here is myself with my hard-fought but cheap trophy for the player-of-the-tournament and my super-man-of-the-year Venky.

3 comments:

sudha said...

Sir,
Sorry..I'm not here to post any comments..I want an advice from you. I would like to join the PGPX(09-10) program. Apart from GMAT n all,can you please tell me the kind of preparations I've to do for it(I mean admission)? If time allows you,please send in a mail to sp.dhanya@gmail.com. Thanks in advance..

Ships said...

Collector’s edition photograph ! Hilarious :)

Biju Nair said...

Thanks Ships. Hope you are not talking about my picture in the graduation rob. :-)